Sunday, August 31, 2008

Its been a while

It has been quite a while since I have posted anything, so I figured I should do a little summary of August.


Although the garden has not produced as well as last years, we have been able to harvest some decent tomatoes, yellow squash, and even a few peppers this summer. Something killed all the green beans, and the corn was a wash with such a cool start to summer. Dennison loves to walk around and pick things and put them right in his mouth. Cherry tomatoes are his favorite and he loves to pick them, even after he has eaten all of the ripe ones.


Dennison and I went on a short hike up the canyon to get out of the house.



We also went on a nice hike as a family up to Red Pine Lake where Dennison was able to participate in one of his favorite activities, throwing rocks. Mike tried to give him few pointers on skipping rocks, he still has a way to go. Although there were quite a few people on the trail (many commented on Dennison's free ride in the pack) it was still a refreshing outing.




We had a big storm roll through that cooled everything down so we decided to roast hot dogs in the fire pit in the backyard. Dennison was content being strapped down as long as he had a big stick to swing around.


2 comments:

Clymer Fam said...

Hey Hanna,
I just got a link to DeNae's blog and then found you. Your baby is super cute, totally a Baxter :) Hope things are going well for you guys. Take care!
Courtnee

eden&mike said...

I love Dennison nearly hitting Mike with the stick. CLASSIC! I seriously laughed out loud when I saw that. It was fun seeing you in Aug. I am coming out with the baby in Oct for Maleahs wedding. Hope to hang out again!