We have been talking about it for a while now, but finally decided to "get 'er done". I wasn't opposed to re-decorating our upstairs bathroom, I just didn't see the need for new paint. Its such a messy project, but Mike was determined and so I gave in. He is much more project oriented and since it is too cold to work outside right now, and indoor project was just the thing. I helped pick everything out, but I have to admit that he did most of the work. We did the first coat Friday evening, and after we had relaxed and I was headed for bed, Mike came up to let me know he was going to start the second coat, at 1 am. I told him I thought he was crazy and I was going to bed, but I can't complain, because when I woke up the next morning, the job was done. Mike inherited the stay up all night gene from his own mom, while the genes I inherited from my mom are definitely the get some sleep genes because entertaining an almost 2 year old is exhausting enough without staying up all night. Its good that we have a little off both in our family to balance each other out.
BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Mike doing all the work (I did do the masking and helped a little painting to my credit), while I made sure Dennison didn't make a mess (he did escape once and put his whole hand into the wet paint leaving a lovely hand print).
4 comments:
I love it!! I need to do my bathrooms.. way to go. I think mike and el might be related, because el stays up all hours of the night completing projects.
Sorry to hear that Dennison is sick. let me know if you need anything
I really like the finished product! In our house in seems like every project is done in the middle of the night, mostly to keep it safe from Cameron, so I totally understand!
Good job guys!! It looks so good, the paint color really makes your tile pop! We have done a lot of painting over the years and while it is a big pain to do, I'm always glad we did it. I'm afraid I also have the stay-up-all-night trait!
Wow! Pretty impressive.. Although it looks suspeciously like the annoying guy on extreme makeover did it.... Ill still give you credit.
Post a Comment