Mike's family has a good tradition of sharing their love and admiration for each member of the family on their birthday. I wanted to share some things with my own family. I had a few minutes of free time the other night and was reflecting on how great all of my siblings are, and this post is a tribute to them. I love each one of them and they are all very different and special in their own ways. I wish I could see each of them in person more, but I am happy that we live in an age where technology makes it possible to stay in touch.
Me and my big sis.

Its hard to describe how much I love and respect my oldest sister DeNae. She has so many admirable talents. She is a gifted artist and craftsman. She is so smart and strong, physically and mentally. She has to courage and sense of adventure to do things I only dream of doing. On top of everything she has such a unique sense of style and is beautiful. I love you DeNae.
Don't let the deer in the headlight look fool you, he is a sharp one (me a David).
What can I say about David. What a good man he has grown into. I feel like I have always had a special connection with him, we being the extreme super nerds in the family. We have loved being able to live so close to him because he is so generous and helpful. Most people don't know how smart David really is because he has quiet confidence. He is a extremely gifted and will accomplish anything he wants to. I love how David has such motivation to continually learn about and pursue new things whether it’s odd sports or fractal antennae manufacturing. I am going to miss him and Annie so much when they have to leave. I love you David.
Jesse looking slightly mischievous.
My brother Jesse, what a great guy. He has the ability to socialize, strike up conversations, and make friends a skill that I severely lack. Jesse has obvious culinary talents, but also has others like his generosity, his work ethic, and his curiosity. He works hard and then plays hard. I am envious of his travelogue and respect his confidence to go places and do things many others would be too nervous to try. I love you Jesse.
We call her doodles (Audrey).
While Audrey's innocence and naivety may be things we sometimes razz her about, she has underlying strength and resolve that admire so much. Audrey is smart and driven to do her very best, all the time. She is also so much fun and makes me laugh. I think we all overlook it to some degree, but Audrey is also very fit and athletic. She is also an amazing artist. I love you Audrey.
Calm and quiet Abby.
I feel bad because the distance between myself and Abby for so many years has allowed me to be negligent in nourishing the relationship I have with her. A telephone call is far from ideal in communicating with her, because so much of what she has to say is written in her facial expressions. The little gems gleaned about Abby's intelligence and wit can only come from time sitting next to her and hearing the comments she makes that no one else can hear and seeing her glowing smile and twinkling eyes. She is a gifted athlete and extremely bright. I love you Abby.Look at little Emma and Eve...so sweet :)!
What a beautiful young woman Emma is blossoming into. Emma has passion that is unmatched. She is smart and a gifted athlete. I love how Emma, even from a very young age has shown interest and concern about me and my family even though I have lived far away. I am excited to see what direction she decides to take as she grows and matures; she has potential to do great things with her confidence and drive. I even like a little bit of her sass (in small doses ;). I love you Emma.They (Emma and Eve) have always liked to get a little crazy.
What a little firecracker my baby sister Eve is. She most definitely is not a baby anymore but a very cute young lady. Eve is so much fun, she has to ability to put people at ease and make them laugh. She has such compassion for people and animals. She is scrappy little athlete and a budding young chef. I love you Eve.

7 comments:
your family is very blessed to have you in their lives! I love this tradition!!
What a nice tribute to your family!
Hannah,
You have made your mother cry. What a bright spot in my day! They are all blessed to call you sister.
MAN! Why am I always said to be to scrappy!!!
Looks like your roots run deep. Your family is lucky to have you.
Hannah! I found your blog by some crazy chain of events. Hope you don't mind me dropping in.
When you said most people don't know how smart David is it reminded me of Mrs. Wade's English class back in the day. David hardly ever said anything, but when he did everyone was shocked by the incredible things he'd say. Fun memories.
You Baxters are awesome people!
Okay, I am a little bugged because I just finished typing a long thougtful response and then for some reason it wouldn't post right. So the jist of it was Thank you Hannah for writing such a wonderful tribute. It was really nice to see this morning. I was fishing for some pictures of Dennison and found some really fun pictures of us. They remind me of what a wonderful childhood we had. I really am grateful for the opportunity to come to the family I came to. I must have done something really right before I was born. I hope that you know how much a treasure our friendship. You are a not only a great friend and sister, you are a wonderful mother. Thanks again for finding such great pictures, I love you!
Post a Comment