Monday, February 15, 2010

Dinner Decorum

Dinner with two year old is generally a bit of a roller coaster but tonight was especially laughable. After a long weekend where eating and naps were way out of whack, compounded by Dennison starting to get sick, there was some pretty funny stuff.

Dennison pointing to his knee :"I'm hurt."
Aunt Annie: "Your knee is hurt?"
Dennison:"NO!"
Mike: " Your thigh?"
Dennison: "NO! I'M HURT RIGHT HERE!" pointing to his knee.
Mike: " Look where your hand is pointing...is your knee hurt?"
Dennison: "NO!"

This continues for several more minutes until I break it up and just establish that Dennison is hurt.

Later on:

"Stop that, stop that, please stop that little pea. Stop that little pea." Followed by inconsolable sobbing as he chased a pea around his bowl of chicken noodle soup.

A few minutes later:

Dennison: "My penis hurts." (probably what he was talking about earlier, we weren't really sure)
Mike: "Did you have and accident? If your pants are wet for awhile that might make your penis hurt."
Dennison says, "Are they wet from the rocket?"
Mike: "I'm not even going to go there."

This comment was really funny in context, but Dennison was really talking about the rocket he played on at the playgroup which was wet from rain.

As Dinner is ending and we start to clean up:
Dennison: "Is it night?"
Hannah: "Yeah, its night time."
Dennison proceeds to stand up in his booster seat and drop his pants and underwear.
Hannah : "What are you doing?!"
Dennison matter of factly responds: "Its time for jammies."

Needless to say dinner is over and I can hardly wait to see what he comes up with next. My mom tells me that I need to write all the funny stuff down that he says so I don't forget. The problem is I would spend all day writing things down because he is a two year old and kids at this age are hilarious.

2 comments:

DeNae said...

pretty funny stuff. I sure hope that he doesn't repeat some of the stuff I say around him.

Corey Christensen said...

Hah. Kids are hilarious.