Monday, September 27, 2010

Mud Runner!

This weekend I had an AWESOME time in a race called the Dirty Dash. It is a 10K mud run obstacle course. I was able to run with my sister-in-law, Michelle, and a few of her friends. The race was a at Soldier Hollow in Midway (the venue where the 2002 Nordic skiing events were held). It was a beautiful day with all the fall leaves and the mountains in the background. You can hardly complain about running in such perfect conditions. And then there was the MUD! Throughout the course they had several mud pits, snow machines, hay bails to jump, walls to climb over, pipes to climb through, a giant slip 'n' slide, and the mother of all mud pits at the end! It was so much fun I am going to run it again in the spring with Mike. Enjoy the sloppy pics!

This is the "before" picture. Our team was "Super Girls!"

Coming out of the final mud pit.

I think I can proudly claim being the muddiest of this shot.

3 comments:

Nelly said...

Hannah, that looks like so much fun. It also looks a little familiar....mud soccer, anyone? ;) I gotta try the dirty dash sometime. Good times.

Audrey and Jason said...

That looks awesome! I remember running a cross country meet at Cherry Creek High School, and we had to run through a muddy ravine and jump a creek at several points. We all got so muddy. It was my worse time ever, but it was the most fun I had all season!

DeNae said...

Hannah that looks like a lot of fun. I am glad that you were able to join in the fun.