Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fall Harvest

Ok, so maybe posting pictures of vegetables is really boring, but I don't have a bunch of cute crafty things to post like so many of the other mommy blogs have, so I am settling for fruits and veggies we grew in our garden.

This is a basket I put together as a visual aid for a lesson I taught in church back in September. I made an analogy about taking care of my real garden and how that is related to tending our "spiritual gardens" and needing to 1. Bask in the Light of Christ, 2. Drink deeply of of the Living Water, 3. Remove "Weeds"/Repent, and 4. Show gratitude.

My neice and nephews came by to play and we had some good ol' fashioned fun digging up carrots and potatoes.

Here are a few "fruits of our labors". I was quite pleased how my rainbow carrots turned out.
P.S. check back soon for the post on our recent trip to the beach in North Carolina.

2 comments:

Audrey and Jason said...

I hope our garden will be as bountiful some day with variety. Yum!

Annie said...

Much more impressive than cute crafty things...and much tastier too! Nice work on your garden this year.